Garage Door Installation and Garage Door Repair FAQs
Why should I hire a professional for garage door repair or garage door installation?
Overhead garage doors are the largest moving objects in any home. Because of the large number of small parts, a garage door repair is highly technical. Replacing or connecting springs can be especially dangerous and proper installation is critical to the performance of your garage door. For your safety, leave garage door repair and garage door installation to the professionals.
What are the benefits of steel garage doors?
- Steel garage doors are low maintenance. (Typically a wood door needs to be painted as often as the wood trim on your home due to weathering)
- Steel doors have longer warranties than wood doors.
- Steel garage doors can be insulated, making them far more energy efficient than a wood door.
Call us today to get a free estimate on your garage door installation project.
When I replace my garage door can I keep my old track?
We recommend replacing your track when you replace your door because each brand of garage door has been specially designed to work with a specific type of track. In addition, replacing the track is an inexpensive way to ensure that your entire garage door system is as safe as possible and covered by your warranty in the event there is a problem. Professional garage door installation from Affordable Garage Doors LLC protects you and the warranty.
How do I know if my garage door is properly balanced?
There are several tests you can perform yourself to tell if your door is balanced:
- You should be able to raise your garage door in 1″ increments & the door should stay in place where you stop it.
- When the door comes down, it should lower in a controlled manner and not slam.
- When the door goes up, it should be at a controlled pace.
- The bottom of the garage door should line up with the bottom of the header when the door is in the raised position.